Last Updated: 6/9/2021
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect includes your name, contact information (such as email address, postal address, and phone number), credit card and other payment information (which may be collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect certain personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose to them) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations to the Committee exceed $200 per calendar year.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Site, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device’s memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and to help us understand usage and committee effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sourcesand combine that with information we collect about you on our Site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, support, and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your emails, comments, questions, and requests and otherwise contact you about your participation with the Committee and the use of the Site;
- Communicate with you about the Committee, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- To solicit volunteers, donations, and support for the Committee and for other candidates, issues, and organizations that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
- Contact you if Federal election laws require us to request additional information from you;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location, and committee events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content, or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of the Committee and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With organizations, candidates, campaigns, groups, or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles, or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- With other participants in a joint fundraising committee;
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims, or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Committee, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization or formation of a new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Committee;
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button, which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa). Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S.
The Committee is based in the United States and is directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., we, and our service providers, may store, access, or transfer your information to jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may request that we update, correct, or delete the information you provide to us by emailing us at [email protected]. However, note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from the Committee by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.