Nevada Democratic Victory is seeking a Spanish-language Deputy Training Director or Training Associate to support managing and implementing the organization’s training program for the 2022 election cycle. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to building the coordinated campaign working to elect Sen. Cortez Masto, Gov. Sisolak, and Democrats up and down the ballot in November 2022.
The Deputy Training Director or Training Associate (determined by experience) will be responsible for supporting the Training Director implementing the training plan, particularly facilitating in Spanish and supporting in-language material creation. This person will help ensure that our program has effective and culturally competent conversations with Spanish-speaking voters and volunteers. The Deputy Training Director or Associate should be positive, solutions-oriented colleagues and capable of working well in a team. Candidates with previous political campaign and/or organizing experience in particular are encouraged to apply. The role will report to the Training Director.
The role may include, but is not limited to:
- Translate and tailor training materials from English to Spanish for our training program
- Support creation of training materials specific to Spanish-language outreach
- Collaborate across departments to assess and support Spanish-language needs
- Facilitate one-off and curriculum-based training sessions in Spanish for staff, volunteers, and other audiences
- Track and report qualitative and quantitative outcomes of training programs
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics for trainings
- Other assigned duties in support of achieving organizational goals
You could be a good fit if you have:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders and staff
- Good personal organization, including ability to meet deadlines and manage many tasks at once
- Strong ability to communicate priorities and needs orally and in writing
- Desire to ask questions, receive constructive feedback, and grow as a professional
- Commitment to equity and inclusion in working with staff and other stakeholders
- Access to a vehicle, computer, and a cell phone
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting
Desirable background & experience:
- Spanish speaking and writing fluency
- Previous campaign experience desirable
- Facilitation, education, or public speaking experience
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN helpful
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply please submit your resume with this form: https://forms.gle/NVfpWZju5nKzLCqG7
Nevada Democratic Victory (NDV) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDV, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDV employee.
NDV is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.NDV’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of NDV, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDV employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with NDV. NDV is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NDV, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.