Nevada Democratic Victory is seeking Regional Organizing Directors to lead a diverse and robust organizing team in Nevada for the 2022 election cycle. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to building the coordinated campaign working to elect Sen. Cortez Masto, Gov. Sisolak, and Democrats up and down the ballot in November 2022.
Regional Organizing Directors will be responsible for coaching and managing a team of organizers to hit data-informed organizing metrics. Regional Organizing Directors should be skilled managers, positive, solutions-oriented, and capable of motivating a diverse team of organizers. Candidates with experience developing accountability systems and using creativity to overcome organizing challenges are preferred. Regional Organizing Directors report to a Deputy Organizing Director.
Tasks & responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Hire and manage a team of organizers who will recruit volunteers and do voter contact
- Develop regional strategies and systems that lead teams to successfully meet daily and weekly organizing metrics, as well as maintain data integrity
- Build and maintain political relationships with local leaders in your region to increase buy-in and trust in the coordinated campaign at large
- Work with state leadership to implement new communications, messaging, and digital strategies in your region
- Ensure that all organizing staff in region are properly trained on the technical aspects of the job and work with the training team to fill the gaps and raise the floor of productivity
- Keep your team focused and motivated in a high-stress, rigorous work schedule and environment
- Consistently meet stated deadlines and communicate with state leadership when challenges arise that will prevent you and/or your team from meeting your goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders, from high level elected officials to grassroots activists
- Good personal organization, including ability to meet deadlines and manage many tasks at once
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs, and expectations to organizers and managers, both orally and in writing
- Desire to ask questions, receive constructive feedback, and grow as a professional
- Commitment to equity and inclusion in working with staff and volunteers
- Access to a vehicle and a cell phone
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting
Preferred background & experience:
- 1-2 cycles of organizing experience
- Experience managing staff or interns desired
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
This role will be based in person in Nevada, and the ability to work remotely will not be available.
Salary range for this position is $5,000 a month with employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply please submit your resume with this form.
Nevada Democratic Victory (NDV) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDV, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDV employee.
NDV is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.NDV’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of NDV, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDV employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with NDV. NDV is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NDV, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.