Nevada Democratic Victory is seeking talented individuals to work as fellows during the 2022 campaign cycle. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to helping build the coordinated campaign working to elect Sen. Cortez Masto, Gov. Sisolak, and Democrats up and down the ballot in November 2022.
Organizing Fellows will work to support the Regional Organizing Director and Field Organizers across all facets of the campaign’s voter outreach plans, which will include but is not necessarily limited to voter registration, voter identification, volunteer recruitment, and volunteer training. Fellows should be solutions-oriented, motivated, and excited about the unique opportunity to work with and learn from a diverse group of staff and volunteers on an impactful statewide election. This role is structured around opportunities for personal and professional development, training, and mentorship. Candidates with a demonstrated passion for politics, policy, organizing or issue advocacy are preferred. Fellows will report to the Regional Organizing Director.
Tasks and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Engage in direct voter contact such as canvassing, phone banking and text banking
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers to participate in direct voter contact programs such as canvassing, phone banking and text banking
- Coordinate volunteer events such as canvasses, phone banks and text banks
- Execute in-person voter registration at local events
- Amplify campaign messaging and engage constituents through digital and social media
- Assist in office management and organization for regional team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate
- Good personal organization; Able to meet deadlines and manage many tasks at once
- Flexible, adaptable, team player with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Desire to ask questions, receive constructive feedback, and grow as a professional
- Commitment to equity and inclusion in working with fellow staff and volunteers
- Access to a smart phone, laptop and comfortable with technology including SMS, social media platforms and voter databases
- Access to a vehicle
- Ability to work weekends if/when necessary
Salary for this position is $15/hour for 20 hours a week. The fellowship runs from March 1 – April 30. After the duration of the fellowship, exceptional performers will be considered for further part-time or full-time employment with the campaign. This position is based in Nevada, and the ability to work remotely will not be available.
To apply: Submit your resume and answer the short question prompts using this form.
Nevada Democratic Victory (NDV) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDV, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDV employee.
NDV is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.NDV’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of NDV, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDV employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with NDV. NDV is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NDV, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.