Role Overview – Digital Strategist
As Digital Strategist, you’ll develop dynamic and engaging content for social media, email, digital ads, and more. Additionally, you’ll assist in email fundraising, coordinating with our digital organizing program and other departments for social media needs. The Digital Strategist should be a creative thinker with lots of ideas for how to break through a crowded election with a focus on Nevada’s competitive gubernatorial race.
This position will be based at the campaign’s headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. The position reports to the Digital Director.
- Support the Digital Director and help oversee digital programs for Nevada’s gubernatorial race.
- Collaborate with Digital Director to create social media calendar and draft content accordingly.
- Contribute to development of social, email, video and graphics concepts.
- Travel locally with the candidate as needed to capture content.
- Collaborate with internal teams on asset needs and deadlines.
- Produce graphics, GIFs, and video.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years experience creating content, managing social media,for a campaign, organization, or company
- Strong writing skills
- Experience drafting and creating social media content for multiple platforms, and/or editing and producing video content.
- Working knowledge in graphic design software like Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator), Canva, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times, prioritize tasks, and adapt quickly and easily.
- An understanding that working for a political campaign is never a nine-to-five job.
- Salary is $4,500/month
- PTO available as approved by supervisor
- Medical, dental and vision insurance premiums 100% covered by employer
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply for this position, use THIS FORM
Nevada Democratic Victory (NDV) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDV, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDV employee.
NDV is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.NDV’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of NDV, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDV employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with NDV. NDV is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NDV, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.