Nevada Democratic Victory is seeking an experienced Deputy Coalitions Director for Latino Outreach to lead outreach efforts to Latino communities in Nevada in 2022. We’re looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to building the coordinated campaign working to elect Sen. Cortez Masto, Gov. Sisolak, and Democrats up and down the ballot in November.
The Deputy Coalitions Director for Latino Outreach will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to engage, persuade, and mobilize Latino communities to support Democrats up and down the ticket. Deputy Coalitions Directors will report to the Coalitions Director.
Tasks & responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Create and implement a plan with measurable deliverables to reach and empower target communities and support the broader goals of the campaign
- Develop and maintain relationships with Latino grassroots leaders, like small business owners, activists, etc., and mobilize them in support of the campaign
- Collaborate with Organizing staff to grow our base of volunteers and bolster needs for voter contact
- Work across departments to ensure smooth integration of coalitions work and that tactics, targets, and messaging meet the needs of Latino voters
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with different types of stakeholders, from high level elected officials to grassroots activists
- Commitment to active listening and collaboration with teammates and stakeholders
- Good personal organization, including ability to meet deadlines and manage many tasks at once
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs, and expectations to direct reports and managers, both orally and in writing
- Desire to ask questions, receive constructive feedback, and grow as a professional
- Commitment to equity and inclusion in working with staff and volunteers
- Strong lateral management skills
- Access to a vehicle and a cellphone
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting
Preferred background & experience:
- 2+ years of experience in electoral or issue organizing
- Proficiency with Votebuilder and other campaign technology platforms
- Nevada ties are strongly desired
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please submit your resume with this form: https://forms.gle/NVfpWZju5nKzLCqG7
Nevada Democratic Victory (NDV) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDV, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDV employee.
NDV is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. NDV’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of NDV, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDV employee, as well as opportunities for consultants to contract with NDV. NDV is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NDV, our policy extends to both staff and consultants.