The vast majority of Nevadans are pro-choice. Laxalt stands against them.
Following the POLITICO report leaking that the Supreme Court plans to fully overturn Roe v. Wade, here are the facts:
- 69% of Nevadans support a woman’s right to choose, including 54% of Republicans.
- Adam Laxalt was one of the most anti-choice attorneys general in Nevada history, having signed onto multiple legal efforts to roll back abortion access.
- Laxalt even pledged to “look into” reversing the 1990 Nevada ballot initiative protecting women’s reproductive rights.
- Laxalt was recently endorsed by National Right to Life, the oldest and largest anti-abortion organization in the country, which asks candidates to support overturning Roe and oppose exceptions for rape or incest.
- Now, Senate Republicans are working on pushing a national abortion ban in the event that Roe is overturned.
Statement from Nevada Democratic Victory Spokesperson Olivia Davis:
“The imminent reality of Roe v. Wade being struck down underscores the stakes of this race: if Laxalt is elected, he will do everything in his power to help Republicans take away a woman’s right to choose in Nevada.”